September 2017

1. Sara’s Key – Tatiana De Rosnay (294pg.) (4/5 star)

2. 1984 – George Orwell (334pg.) (4/5 star)

3. Glass Castle – Jeannette Walls (160pg.) (in progress) 

Total Pages Read : 778 (28 pgs per day)

Before September started, my goal was to read at least 5 books in one month. However, l failed to do so. I am currently reading Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. Walls presents growing up as a process of recognizing one’s childhood illusions as just that and instead of coming to see how things really are. I also completed 1984, Orwell’s main goal was to warn of the serious danger totalitarianism (a government system that seeks complete control over public and private lives of its society) poses to society. l mainly read 1984 mostly because it would help me in my social class. The book that l wish to read next month is Night by Elie Wiesel. My goal is also to finish reading the Glass Castle and read at least three other books.

October 2017

1.Glass Castle – Jeannette Walls (129 pg) 4/5

2. The 5th Wave – Rick Yancey ( 457 pg) 4/5

3. I Know Why Th

e Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou (289) 4/5

Total Read Pages : 875 pgs (31 pages per day)

On my last reading ladder l had said that my goal was to read at least 5 books. My goal was to read Night by  Elie Wiesel. My favorite was I know Why The Cage Bird Sings which   illustrates how strength of charact

er and a love of literature can help overcome racism and trauma. The story shows Maya’s personal journey as she wor

ks through her poor self-concept, unstable home life, sexual abuse, and teenage pregnancy. Some of the critical themes of this story surround racism, self-acceptance, and belonging. My goal is to still read Night by Elie Wiesel and read at least 4 books.

November 2017

1. Night by Elie Wiesel ( 33pages)

2. Where the Sidewalks Ends by Shel Silverstein (200pgs)

3. The Outsiders by  S.E. Hilton (192 pages) ***

Total Pages Read: 451pgs/ 14pgs per day

This month was a really busy month for me that l didn’t read that much. That l didn’t read book that are in my grade level. l had only read two book until l rushed to the library to pick up ‘The Outsiders’ by S.E. Hilton which is about two weeks in the life of a 14-year-old boy. The novel tells the story of Ponyboy Curtis and his struggles with right and wrong in a society in which he believes that he is an outsider. The month of December l wish to get back to read more advance books.

December 2017

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (384pgs) *****

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (544pgs) ***

Total pages read : 928pgs
per day : 29.9 pages

This month was so busy for me with lots of homework and extra stuff. However, l was able to read these books during winter break. My favourite was A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hoseini.